Thursday, December 27, 2007

Things I Can Do Without

I got up this morning and got dressed for work. When I put on my socks, one had a hole in the big toe.

Just a great start to the day.

In this day and age of technological achievement, how can we not have wear-proof socks? I mean, come on. There is fabric out there that can absorb the shock of a roadside bomb, fabrics that can take a bullet without so much as a fray. Yet we cannot make toe-resistant socks. Unbelievable.

My friend McA got me a bluetooth earphone for Christmas. What a thoughtful gift! I would not have gotten one myself, I would just suffer along with using my phone like normal. It is a great little device, and I think I'll get a lot of use out of it.

I can, however, do without those people that wear their bluetooth earphone like some kind of status symbol. You've seen the type. They wear it all the time like a piece of jewelry, like they are so utterly important that they cannot take it off for one second lest they miss a call. Oh, woe is us!

Just call me a curmudgeon...or something like that.

No comments: