Thursday, December 20, 2007

House Numbers & Water Softeners

House Numbers

I bought these cool little neon letters at ThinkGeek and I am using them as my house numbers. Pretty cool, huh?


They are bright enough to see over the street lamp and porch lights. I sent the picture along to ThinkGeek's "Customer Action Shots", with the caption: "The geekiest house in the neighborhood gets geekier!" LOL!

They are little, low-voltage (relatively) cold-cathode fluorescent tubes like what is used in a scanner or laptop LCD panel. I put them on a timer so that they are off during the day. I didn't want them to wear out prematurely.

Water Softener

I found an image on my water softener that I took after I completed it on my digital camera when I downloaded the house numbers picture.



The round container is the salt reservoir, the tall device is the resin chamber and the blue items are the pre-filters. The copper network behind it is the wacky setup of bypass valves. With this setup, I can divert water away from the filters for changing, divert water from the softener in case of a problem, or both. Very exciting...LOL!

No comments: