Thursday, February 21, 2008

White Trees

I apologize in advance for the poor quality of the pictures...

It was really, really cold this morning. On our internal webpage at work, I have an applet that I wrote to display the current weather. Here is what it had to say...

Fig. 1: 3 degrees of Dayton's weather

My house this morning was nice and warm. I can't wait to get my next gas bill. I am still working on the designs for a device so I can use my father as my gas supply. Getting rid of Vectren would be a dream come true!

Anyhow, as I was driving to work, I saw a most beautiful sight. All the trees were covered in frost and had turned white. With the sun shining on them, they were stunning. I had to stop and take a couple of pictures with my crappy camera phone to share with you...

Fig. 2: White trees at Wright-Patt AFB, Area B

Fig. 3: Kauffman Avenue at Ohio 444

Again, I apologize for the crappy pictures. Camera phones are shit. My friend Dot is loves to take pictures and always carries a good digital camera with her everywhere. Perhaps this is not a bad idea.

Spring, however, cannot come too soon for my taste.

Afternoon Update:
It is now 19 degrees in Dayton proper at 4:25 pm. I wore my heavy gloves this morning at my desk. My fingers felt as if they would break off they were so cold. This is, really, the only part of me that gets chilled. It is aggravating as all get out! What is even worse is the TIPS of my fingers, last joint to the end, will be extremely cold. The doctors view this as being due to my weight loss and now normal blood pressure.

It is really amusing to try to write with thick gloves on. I attempted and failed miserably to write up a purchase order today in this manner. It is, also, quite impossible to type! Thankfully, this afternoon my fingers are warm.

2 comments:

Shari said...

For cold hands, I tend to try and keep a cup of something hot or warm on the desk and pick it up from time to time to warm them. It works pretty well!

I love the look of trees covered in snow or frost in winter. It's one of the many things (along with not being assaulted by random strangers :-p) that I miss these days!

badmoodguy (Бадмўдгуи) said...

Another interesting thing that I saw on the way home one day. We had just had a snowfall with lots of wind that blew the snow horizontally.

Kauffman Avenue is lined with really tall wood electric poles carrying power to part of the air force base.

These poles...all of them...had an unbroken line of snow on one side (facing west) from the top to bottom. I thought that it would be a great picture that I'd call "White Stripes"...but that's a band. :)