Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nothing to Say

I don't have anything to say in this blog entry. I've been really busy with a number of really annoying things at work and have been really aggravated by my boss because of a number of nit-picky little stupid problems and the micromanagement of a number of my projects.

Last week Chris played the movie "Hostel" on his laptop for some background noise while working. He, unfortunately, called me over to watch some of the more "choice" parts.

What an incredibly disturbing and disgusting movie.

If you have not seen this movie, good. Don't. It is about a number of young adults that travel to the former eastern bloc and stay at inexpensive hostels. These people are seduced, drugged and taken to a strange post-apocalypse-looking industrial building. Here they are brutally mutilated and killed. They are killed by people who have paid to kill. Generic Europeans are $10,000, Russians are $15,000 and Americans are $25,000. I won't go into too much detail, but one of the group manages to escape, gets revenge by killing his "owner" and, eventually, the evil seductresses, and leaves by train.

Movies such as this don't really bother me. At least they didn't used to bother me. Perhaps it was just this movie. It disturbed me to the core. I had nightmares about it for a few nights afterward. Very creepy and nasty, that.

Chris really used to love movies from the horror genre, especially horribly unpleasant movies such as "Hostel". He has, however, (in his own words) "become a puss" since having kids. He also favored apocalypse-types movies like "Dawn of the Dead" but they now no longer hold any appeal to him. This, as near as we can figure, is due to the "no hope" factor. Now that he has kids, he cannot fathom them not being able to grow up happy and healthy with hope for a good future. It's funny how having kids can change a person.

Generally when I am working (or trying to) I will put on my iPod and listen to some music. Depending on what I am doing, I can get into a pretty good groove and manage to get something done. That is, unless the phone starts ringing. And it does. A lot. With the usual stupid problems.

Anyhow, I cannot wait for the weekend. I have made sure that I won't be available for anyone but myself. I have some nagging projects to work on here at home, rearranging furniture, some much needed cleaning and the like. I also have a bunch of stuff to list on eBay to try to reclaim some space in my house!

2 comments:

Shari said...

That was a pretty good post for someone who had nothing to say. ;-) Honestly, I really enjoy your slice of life or random thoughts posts and hope you keep it up.

I do understand though that sometimes one becomes too busy to think about blogging. I've had that problem as of late as well. I've had a lot of work and ideas just sort of fall away and bounce under the sofa and forgotten about rather than get picked up and considered. It happens.

Regarding the type of movie you mentioned, I'm incredibly sensitive to any sort of violence in media. It pains me to see it. I know it's not real but I'm not desensitized to it at all. The less you see of it, the more sensitive you become to it. I think that's actually a good thing.

Take care!

badmoodguy (Бадмўдгуи) said...

Thanks! I do enjoy blogging...when I can think of something interesting to blog about.

Like you, I sometimes come up with a great idea for a blog subject, but then I get sidetracked and eventually forget what great Shakespearian, earth-shattering subject I had planned. LOL!