Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Things That Annoyed Me Today

Note: Some of the below might be deemed unpleasant to those with weak constitutions...

I must be grasping at straws for something to blog about. I was bored at work today, so I blogged about my water softener. A water softener for goodness sake!

Anyhow, I was annoyed by several things today.

Nortel Symposium
This is software by Northern Telecom that manages the call centers we have at work. For some reason, the call center manager cannot run any reports. It is something goofy with Crystal Reports and Active Directory and all that. I can run the reports for her direct from the server, but it is easier for her to do it. I've tried everything, and I still cannot get it to work. Our phone system vendor is of no help either.

Cisco Wireless Controller
The wireless LAN I am implementing at my company is based on Cisco's lightweight access points. These have a central controller that manages every aspect of the entire wireless infrastructure. Pretty great, actually. The problem is that I installed Internet Authentication Service on one of our Windows Domain Controllers and I could not get any machines to securely connect to the wireless network. The RADIUS server portion of IAS was configured properly...or so I thought. I had put in the wrong IP address for the Wireless Controller in the IAS configuration, so the RADIUS server would never respond to any requests from the Wireless Controller. Once I changed it, it worked like a charm. Just another idiot problem that took me three days to figure out. Duh.

3com Switches
I am losing my faith in 3com. Today, out of the blue, our core switch in one of the main buildings died. So, pretty much everyone lost connection to everything. I had to fanagle all the connections from that switch into the already overloaded other core switch in that building. Now I have to plan on a way to recover if I lose another one. I really want to replace the whole ball of wax with Cisco stuff, but we need money.

My Tongue
This is the gross one. Mom and I went out to eat at Olive Garden, my favorite restaurant. I ordered the cheese ravioli with meat sauce. I didn't think it would be too bad. My mouth, especially my tongue, is still very sensitive from the radiation damage but pasta and their associated sauces seemed to agree with me best. After finishing the salad, I felt something strange in the back of my mouth. It was a piece of skin that had sloughed off of the side of my tongue, and my tongue began to bleed. I tried to continue eating, but the acid in the tomato sauce burnt the sensitive sore that had just been created. I thought I was done with this crap. Late in the radiation, the roof of my mouth was shedding every few days in a bloody mess...now that that's over with, I guess it's time for my tongue to start! Dammit! Hopefully I will be able to handle the luscious Italian food for lunch tomorrow.

I promise that I won't let my blog become a bitchfest...at least not often...

1 comment:

Shari said...

You'd be surprised what people may find interesting in your blog, including things like water softeners. My brother-in-law has a blog and his most popular post is about eyelid twitching.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your continued problems with your mouth, and I've been there on the computer frustrations!