Sunday, November 18, 2007

Blogging

This is my first blog post. I never thought that I would be doing this. I mean, who would want to ready anything that I have to say...or anything that ANYONE would want to say?

Over the past few weeks, I have been reading a number of blogs. Some have been great, such as the blog of Shari in "My So-Called Japanese Life" (link on the lower right). This blog truly opened my eyes as to how interesting a blog can be. You get a glimpse into someone else's life, how they live, what they do and more. It truly delivers an experience of what it is like to be someone else.

I am sitting here watching "Robin Hood" on the BBC and trying to figure out what I would say in a blog. Actually, I have been thinking about it for days now. Is my life interesting enough for a blog? I really say no, but I have had so many good thoughts that I couldn't help but try. I am certain that I won't blog every day like the truly dedicated...I don't have THAT much to say, but if I can give you just a glimpse into my wholly uninteresting life, then I will have succeeded.

So, enjoy. Or not.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Everyone's life is interesting enough for a blog as long as they're talking about their "internal lives" in conjunction with their "external lives". More often than not, what separates a good blog from a bad one is how capable a person is of plucking a thought from amongst the avalanche of notions that occur during our daily lives and running with it. It's a joy to pull those ideas from the daily jumble and run with them. You find it takes you in directions you wouldn't have anticipated. It affords you an opportunity to explore the richness of your mental world and share it with others.

I've read all your posts so far and you really do seem to have the right stuff for blogging. I also believe that your experiences with cancer treatment can serve to help other people understand the experience and help others in your situation.

I'll be very much looking forward to your future posts!

badmoodguy (Бадмўдгуи) said...

Shari: Thank you for your kind comments!

I originally thought to blog during my cancer treatments, kind of as a rolling guide to what I was experiencing on a daily basis. However, reality set in and I found that all I wanted to do was sleep.

More and more I have been reading a variety of blogs and I have been gathering thoughts and ideas of things to blog about. My life might not be too interesting or adventurous for some, but if I can help out or give enjoyment to at least one person, then I think I will have done some good.

- Mike