Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Anniversary

I had a Dr Appointment today with my radiation oncologist. He mentioned that it is my first anniversary. I officially started cancer treatments on August 15, 2007.

It doesn't seem like it has been a year. Time keeps on slipping...

Anyhow, I am still doing just fine. I have gained 10 lbs, so that means that I am about 90 lbs down from when I started the adventure a year ago. I find that this weight gain is weighing heavily on me...about 10 lbs to be exact...so I am making a conscious effort to try to lose a little bit. I liked hovering around 200 lbs!

Mum and dad will probably want to celebrate. The best way that I can think of is ordering a pizza and watching TV. I guess I have still retained the lazy streak that I had pre-cancer. Radiation and chemo can only do so much!

An image for your consideration:


1 comment:

Orchid64 said...

It's wonderful news that you're doing so well after a year. I can't actually say "congratulations" as that'd just be weird, but it is very good news indeed.

I can see where you'd want to keep your weight down now that it's off. If you have time, you might want to invest in some sort of exercise gear (recumbent bikes are nice - you can sit and watch T.V.) to make it easier.

I'm also glad to see a post from you again. :-)